Keenan Solicitors adhere to the The Children (NI) Order 1995 and the four main articles, that being ‘Residence’, ‘Contact’, ‘Prohibited Steps’ and ‘Specific Issue’ orders. In all cases our primary concern is for the well-being of the child and we will work to ensure the immediate and future needs of any children are accommodated first and foremost.
Our services include:
- Family mediation
- Legal representation in court
- Applications to the Family court
- Application for Parental Responsibility Order – the updated ‘legal custody’ order, determines which party shall have parental responsibility for the child.
- Application for Residence Order – regarding with whom the child should reside.
- Application for Contact Order – frequency, location, duration and supervision of contact with the child.
- Application for Prohibited Steps Order – preventing one party from removing a child from Northern Ireland.
- Application for Specific Issue Order – change of surname, schooling, religious upbringing and medical treatment.
- Domestic Violence and Non-Molestation Orders
- Child Care Proceedings
If you would like to discuss Residence and Contact with Children call us on Freephone 0800 092 9994 and one of our expert lawyers will be glad to help.